TutorVista scam?

TutorVista offers quality online tutoring service for $100/month but they renew the subscription even if you don't use it until you cancel it yourself. This is what happened with me -

I reached TutorVista from google search engine. I was looking to clarify some concept in integration. I got good content there and then decided to talk to a tutor to get further help. After a sale pitch, the guy named 'Eric' offered me a free tutoring demo which was fine but I could get only one of my problems solved there. When I asked for more, they told me that I have to buy the subscription which I did for 49.99$ discounted price. They told me that it will get auto-renewed at $100 and that if I have to cancel it I have to cancel it before the subscription ends.

I used it for next 3 months, but after I finished my exams, I forgot to cancel the subscription (was too happy after exam ended).

Those guys charged me $100 dollars even if I stopped using it. I called them repeatedly and finally got only $50 dollars as refund.

I am very unhappy with this. I should have got refunded the whole amount since I did not use the service at all in that month.

This is scam. TutorVista is scam. Can somebody suggest any other quality tutoring service for my budget ($100)?

Review about: Tutor Vista Tutoring Service.

Had an Experience with Tutor Vista?

Comments

Type your question in chat window below.

[ 03:34:05 PM ] Guest : =)

[ 03:34:08 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Hello, I am your Academic Counselor and will help you.

[ 03:34:19 PM ] Acad Coordinator : May I please know your name?.

[ 03:34:38 PM ] Guest : My Name Is Lila,Im in 8th grade and..

[ 03:34:42 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Which grade and subject are you looking for help in?

[ 03:34:49 PM ] Acad Coordinator : ?

[ 03:34:55 PM ] Guest : I have a question..

[ 03:35:11 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Sure

[ 03:35:19 PM ] : Feel free to ask..

[ 03:35:23 PM ] Guest : Are You Guys FREE?

[ 03:35:37 PM ] Acad Coordinator : No. But you will be happy to know that we are the most affordable tutoring service in US, UK and Canada.

[ 03:35:48 PM ] : We are the most affordable..

[ 03:35:57 PM ] Guest : May i ask your name?

[ 03:36:10 PM ] Acad Coordinator : This is Alisha here

[ 03:36:19 PM ] : May I know which SUBJECT do you need help with?

[ 03:36:21 PM ] Guest : ok

[ 03:36:27 PM ] : Well..

[ 03:36:42 PM ] Acad Coordinator : ?

[ 03:37:09 PM ] : Please let me know if you have any concern..

[ 03:37:22 PM ] Guest : I dont need help now but when i get the chance i will be sure to ask my mom and dad can i join this program..

[ 03:37:32 PM ] : How Much is it?

[ 03:37:39 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Let me...

[ 03:37:43 PM ] Guest : Ok=)

[ 03:37:47 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Before that..

[ 03:37:53 PM ] : Let me know your subject to help you better.

[ 03:38:02 PM ] Guest : Ok ..

[ 03:38:10 PM ] : Im Need help with math mostly

[ 03:38:12 PM ] : I*

[ 03:38:18 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Alright!

[ 03:38:22 PM ] : We provide live online tutoring in English, Math and Science.

[ 03:38:31 PM ] Guest : Cool..

[ 03:38:31 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Today we are running a special offers on SUBSCRIPTION 30% off on this chat.

[ 03:38:46 PM ] : We have the 5 hours, 10 hours and 20 hours pack which is valid for 6 months.

[ 03:38:57 PM ] : May i know how many hours of help you are looking ?

[ 03:39:08 PM ] Guest : Maybe 3?

[ 03:39:16 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Okay.

[ 03:39:24 PM ] : We have 5 hours package at $70

[ 03:39:28 PM ] : 10 hours package at $105

[ 03:39:31 PM ] : 20 hours package at $140

[ 03:39:37 PM ] : This will be the One time payment without any extra charges or tax.

[ 03:39:42 PM ] : Sounds good to you?

[ 03:39:52 PM ] : Please let me know if you have any concern I'll help you right away

[ 03:39:58 PM ] Guest : Wow Thats Cool..

[ 03:40:09 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Are your parents around?

[ 03:40:17 PM ] Guest : Not Right Now=(

[ 03:40:21 PM ] : At The Store

[ 03:40:24 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Okay.

[ 03:40:29 PM ] Guest : But i will show them this!

[ 03:40:34 PM ] : as soon as i can

[ 03:40:40 PM ] Acad Coordinator : May i have your parents name and contact number?

[ 03:40:51 PM ] : So that i can reserve this offer for you..

[ 03:40:53 PM ] Guest : Well..

[ 03:41:01 PM ] : I dnt know there numbers

[ 03:41:09 PM ] : just got it changed 1week ago

[ 03:41:12 PM ] : =(

[ 03:41:21 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Okay i understand..

[ 03:41:24 PM ] Guest : But How do i subscribe?

[ 03:41:43 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Let me explain..

[ 03:41:54 PM ] : I need your parents approval to sign up with us on your behalf...

[ 03:42:03 PM ] Guest : Yes..

[ 03:42:08 PM ] : Ok..

[ 03:42:12 PM ] Acad Coordinator : When they will be get back at home?

[ 03:42:21 PM ] Guest : Maybe in an hour..

[ 03:42:25 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Okay

[ 03:42:33 PM ] : Can we keep this chat open?

[ 03:42:39 PM ] Guest : How?

[ 03:42:45 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Until they gets back at home.

[ 03:42:51 PM ] : **get

[ 03:43:00 PM ] Guest : One Sec..

[ 03:43:03 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Do not close this chat..

[ 03:43:08 PM ] : Window

[ 03:43:12 PM ] : Sure

[ 03:44:10 PM ] Guest : I cant guarantee that but.. i'll be sure to ask for you

[ 03:44:17 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Is there any guardian around who can help you to sign up now?

[ 03:44:26 PM ] Guest : Because.. my computer shuts on and off

[ 03:44:34 PM ] : No im the oldest

[ 03:44:40 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Please wait...

[ 03:44:43 PM ] Guest : ok

[ 03:44:47 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Let me give you the link..

[ 03:44:50 PM ] : Okay?

[ 03:44:52 PM ] Guest : ok

No, this is not at all a scam.

THEY LIE WHEN THEY SAY ITS UNLIMITED TUTORING !! LOOK: ( 2 Users )

Marii Aguila

Relationship Executive

Welcome to TutorVista. Please type your question in the chat window below. A customer service representative will join you shortly.

Relationship Executive says: 06:59:28 PM

Welcome to TutorVista Customer Care

06:59:29 PM

My name is Tilak.

06:59:30 PM

I am here to help you.

06:59:51 PM

I will be glad to assist you.

Marii Aguila says: 07:00:05 PM

Hello. I am Marii's mother and I am frusterated with your service. I've been her yesterday atleast 4 times and today 3 times. There has been many problems with my daughter and her tutors.

Relationship Executive says: 07:00:19 PM

We apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

07:00:34 PM

May i know how i can help you the best?

Marii Aguila says: 07:00:48 PM

Now, when she goes to take a session it tells her that there are no tutors available. Well Im sorry but I paid for unlimited 24/7...

07:01:05 PM

Not 1 hour seven days a week. So please fix that right away.

Relationship Executive says: 07:01:16 PM

Im so sorry to hear that.

07:01:42 PM

I will fix this issue right now for you on a priority basis.

Marii Aguila says: 07:01:54 PM

Yes. Please fix it and I hope I dont have to some again.

Relationship Executive says: 07:02:19 PM

I will make sure you dont face any further issue in future.

Marii Aguila says: 07:02:29 PM

Thank You.

Relationship Executive says: 07:02:32 PM

Can i book a new session?

07:02:39 PM

You are welcome.

Marii Aguila says: 07:02:44 PM

No..Fix the problem first.

Relationship Executive says: 07:03:47 PM

I have fixed the problem for you,can i book a new session for your daughter now.

07:05:13 PM

I know how frustrating it is,but now i have fixed the problem.

Marii Aguila says: 07:05:25 PM

Ok. May i check first?

Relationship Executive says: 07:05:40 PM

You will never face the issue anymore.

Marii Aguila says: 07:06:07 PM

I just checked. Its still saying there are no tutors available

Relationship Executive says: 07:06:16 PM

Please click on connect now only when your session is about to start.

07:06:37 PM

If you click before the session time it will not show any tutor.

07:07:20 PM

I will book a session from my end now and you please click on connect now when the session is about to start it will work.

Marii Aguila says: 07:07:29 PM

Yes. I did that. The problems still there and I need it to be fixed.

Relationship Executive says: 07:08:07 PM

I will book a session for you right now and try connecting it will work.

Marii Aguila says: 07:08:41 PM

Ok. That will still not fix the problem

Relationship Executive says: 07:08:56 PM

If in case it does not work please give a call at our customer care number will check it if there is any technical issue.

07:09:35 PM

You can give a call at 8667350516

07:09:46 PM

Can i book a session for you.

Marii Aguila says: 07:10:10 PM

Yes you may. And your telling me that you cant fix the problem?

Relationship Executive says: 07:12:29 PM

Madam the session limit per day is 3 hours, weekly 10 hours and monthly 30 hours,and if in case you cross your session limit your account will be blocked and you will noy be able to take the session.

Marii Aguila says: 07:13:56 PM

Really? Ok. Thank you have a nice day.

okay when i first singned up for tutor vista i thought it was a scam.

when you sign up they always say its one day only and its 49.99 or something for the first month.

you have to say you dont have enough money and they will give you a discount price of 34.99 wonce you sign it its aculy help full and does your hw for you. when your sick if on break from school you can pause the subscription.

when your month is almost done about 3 days b4 cancel your credit card so you dont get future charges and you ca still do it for the next three days.if you liked the sevice and think 35.99 is a fair price cancel your acount go back o the website say your to poor and sign up agan i have been doing this for months and im in 8th grade and is helped :roll

TutorVista will, if you use profanity, threaten to track you down.

Type your question in chat window below.

[ 07:26:30 PM ] Acad Coordinator : May I have your name and grade please?

[ 07:26:32 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Hello

[ 07:26:34 PM ] Acad Coordinator : I am your Academic Counselor for today.

[ 07:26:38 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Let me know your grade and subject to help you better.

[ 07:26:39 PM ] Guest : What's your name?

[ 07:26:41 PM ] Acad Coordinator : We will surely help you.

[ 07:26:53 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Hello My name is Davis

[ 07:27:01 PM ] Guest : Really? Kayla was the last one.

[ 07:27:18 PM ] Acad Coordinator : I'm your Academic Counselor for the day.

[ 07:27:29 PM ] : How may i help you?

[ 07:27:33 PM ] Guest : Can you tell me what the value is in paying $99 a month to have you teach me things I can learn for free?

[ 07:28:06 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Do you know how our service works?

[ 07:28:14 PM ] Guest : yes

[ 07:28:18 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Great.

[ 07:28:31 PM ] : Since you know how our service works..

[ 07:28:52 PM ] : You can enroll for 1 month unlimited help for just $49.99

[ 07:29:00 PM ] Guest : why? Learning is free.

[ 07:29:08 PM ] : Hundreds of sites will have the answer for nothing.

[ 07:29:15 PM ] : Libraries have even more answers.

[...

[ 07:30:13 PM ] : And for you to understand the concepts , you need to know the step by step explaination on how you get the answer

[ 07:30:31 PM ] Guest : But that's all there in the libraries and on the Internet too.

[ 07:30:37 PM ] Acad Coordinator : And in case you have any doubts, you need some one with whom you can get it clarified

[ 07:30:56 PM ] Guest : So you want me to pay $99 a month for a service I can get from my school or college for free, or learn on my own also for free?

[ 07:31:04 PM ] Acad Coordinator : That is where our service is beneficial

[ 07:31:05 PM ] Guest : they have tutors too

[ 07:31:24 PM ] Acad Coordinator : You can interact Live with our tutor on a one on one based sessoins

[ 07:31:40 PM ] : I understand that your school provides you free tutor

[ 07:31:47 PM ] : But , how effective is it ?

[ 07:31:55 PM ] Guest : Also, *** fuckity *** *** ***. Because the last chat session threatened to track me down, which I think is hilarious.

[ 07:32:29 PM ] : Anyway, have a good day. Hope you find a better job soon, this one has to be pretty demoralizing.

[ 07:32:41 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Yes, we are an educational website and we do not tolerate profanity or unprofessional language on our website.

[ 07:33:06 PM ] : have a nice day ahead

[ 07:33:16 PM ] Guest : so if a paying customer started swearing you'd cut them off?

[ 07:33:22 PM ] : hardly good for profits I'd think

[ 07:33:57 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Well, we are here to assist you with your academics , in case you need any help you can sign up and get started

[ 07:34:11 PM ] : I am no one to force you do , something you do not want to

[ 07:35:07 PM ] : I can only suggest what is best for you to get ahead in your classes

[ 07:35:16 PM ] Guest : DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

[ 07:35:43 PM ] : DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

[ 07:36:22 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Your IP Address has been traced and necessary actions will be taken soon

it is a scam they took me off chatting and to the checkout page what up with that and I argued he told me he has to keep his patience but he didn't I told Richard that I would never pay and he took me to the checkout page what a scam

Call Us : 1-866-617-6020

[ 05:58:02 PM ] Guest : what is a cylinder

[ 05:58:13 PM ] : anyone there???

[ 05:58:13 PM ] Tutor : Sure, we will help you with the question.

[ 05:58:16 PM ] Guest : ok

[ 05:58:27 PM ] Tutor : yes

[ 05:58:51 PM ] Guest : hello???

[ 05:59:03 PM ] Tutor : Formula for volume of the cylinder (v) = π r2 h cubic units V=volume of cylinder r=radius h=height

[ 05:59:24 PM ] Guest : ok

[ 05:59:53 PM ] Tutor : A circular cylinder is one of the most basic geometric shapes, the surface formed by the points which are lies at fixed distance from a given Straight line. A line is formed by these points called as axis of cylinder. The material around this surface and by two planes perpendicular to the axis (connecting two points) is called a cylinder.

[ 06:00:07 PM ] Guest : ok thank you

[ 06:00:21 PM ] : is that all

[ 06:00:44 PM ] Tutor : yes

[ 06:01:07 PM ] : Our Academic Counselor will be joining this chat to help you further.

[ 06:01:23 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Hello, my name is Richard.

[ 06:01:27 PM ] : I'm your Academic Counselor for the day.

[ 06:01:31 PM ] Guest : hello Richard

[ 06:02:14 PM ] Guest : 5th and math

[ 06:02:28 PM ] : they recommended me this website

[ 06:02:39 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Great

[ 06:02:42 PM ] : Not to worry, you are at the right place

[ 06:02:43 PM ] : We will surely help you.

[ 06:02:48 PM ] Guest : thank you

[ 06:02:56 PM ] Acad Coordinator : How was the demo?

[ 06:03:02 PM ] Guest : great

[ 06:03:13 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Nice

[ 06:03:20 PM ] : Here, you will get Unlimited tutoring at anytime you need in all the subjects.

[ 06:03:36 PM ] Guest : nice

[ 06:03:58 PM ] : anyone there

[ 06:04:10 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Yes

[ 06:04:16 PM ] : Today we are running a special promotion offer on subscription

[ 06:04:21 PM ] : If you sign up now, you will get 50% discount immediately.

[ 06:04:26 PM ] : You can pay for one subject and get the UNLIMITED HELP in all the subject’

[ 06:04:32 PM ] : You can get 1 complete month (30 DAYS) of Unlimited tutoring at just $49.99 NOW.

[ 06:04:38 PM ] : In the normal day's you will have to pay 99.99$ for a month

[ 06:04:41 PM ] Guest : you have to pay

[ 06:04:45 PM ] Acad Coordinator : `You will get complete freedom of asking as many questions you like.

[ 06:04:55 PM ] : Yes we have an affordable price

[ 06:05:19 PM ] Guest : so i can ask you a question at 3:00 am

[ 06:05:59 PM ] Acad Coordinator : You have to create an account with us and the you can get the UNLIMITED help in all the subject's

[ 06:06:05 PM ] : These offers are available only through chat today. I suggest you do not miss the special offer.

[ 06:06:22 PM ] : Are your parents around to help you subscribe with us?

[ 06:06:33 PM ] Guest : yes

[ 06:06:55 PM ] : hello are you there

[ 06:07:01 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Can i please chat with them?

[ 06:07:08 PM ] Guest : why??

[ 06:07:30 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Just to explain how we help you in the regular session

[ 06:07:43 PM ] Guest : ok

[ 06:07:51 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Thank you

[ 06:08:03 PM ] Guest : Good evening

[ 06:08:14 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Good evening

[ 06:08:39 PM ] : May i know to whom i am chatting with please?

[ 06:08:56 PM ] Guest : an adult

[ 06:09:03 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Great

[ 06:09:05 PM ] : Hello

[ 06:09:09 PM ] Guest : hello

[ 06:09:16 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Nice to meet you online

[ 06:09:41 PM ] Guest : So they told me that you wanted to speak yo me

[ 06:09:48 PM ] : to*

[ 06:09:55 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Yes

[ 06:10:32 PM ] Guest : Are you there???

[ 06:10:36 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Can you please tell me who was the guy who was chatting with me before?

[ 06:10:54 PM ] Guest : my son

[ 06:11:00 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Great

[ 06:11:14 PM ] : I can see that your son need help with math.

[ 06:11:24 PM ] Guest : yes

[ 06:11:27 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Not to worry, you are at the right place

[ 06:11:29 PM ] : We will surely help you.

[ 06:11:32 PM ] : We offer unlimited, 24X7, personalized online tutoring in Math, English and Science

[ 06:11:34 PM ] Guest : great

[ 06:11:34 PM ] Acad Coordinator : We have more than 2000 well qualified tutors available round the clock

[ 06:11:43 PM ] : We offer a lot of assessment tests and structured learning programs to enhance learning.

[ 06:11:47 PM ] : We provide unlimited one-on-one Tutoring on regular basis.

[ 06:11:55 PM ] Guest : great

[ 06:12:01 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Nice

[ 06:12:11 PM ] : We have the best and most Professional tutors at affordable cost

[ 06:12:16 PM ] : Here, you will get Unlimited tutoring at anytime you need in all the subjects.

[ 06:12:21 PM ] Guest : what is your price

[ 06:12:26 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Today we are running a special promotion offer on subscription

[ 06:12:31 PM ] : If you sign up now, you will get 50% discount immediately.

[ 06:12:44 PM ] : You can pay for one subject and get the UNLIMITED HELP in all the subject’

[ 06:12:53 PM ] : You can get 1 complete month (30 DAYS) of Unlimited tutoring at just $49.99 NOW.

[ 06:12:58 PM ] Guest : Do you have anything more affordable

[ 06:13:05 PM ] Acad Coordinator : In the normal day's you will have to pay 99.99$ for a month

[ 06:13:20 PM ] : This is an affordable price

[ 06:13:28 PM ] Guest : Usually tutoring is free

[ 06:13:45 PM ] Acad Coordinator : No online tutoring is free

[ 06:13:52 PM ] : Personal tutoring elsewhere will cost you about $20-25 per hour while we offer unlimited help at a flat fee.

[ 06:14:10 PM ] : You will get the UNLIMITED help with us

[ 06:14:10 PM ] Guest : Not online I meant real

[ 06:14:39 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Even that is chargeable

[ 06:14:51 PM ] Guest : I am sorry I am not really intrested at the moment.

[ 06:14:52 PM ] Acad Coordinator : TutorVista has featured on NBC, BBC and The New York Times as the most affordable tutoring service

[ 06:14:58 PM ] : Please wait

[ 06:15:20 PM ] : May i know the reason please why you dont want to sign up with us?

[ 06:15:22 PM ] Guest : good but I'm sorry with the low economy I can't afford that now thank you

[ 06:15:31 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Please wait

[ 06:15:48 PM ] : Let me check with my manager for the discount.

[ 06:16:00 PM ] Guest : Thank you

[ 06:16:37 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Thank you for waiting

[ 06:16:45 PM ] Guest : your welcome

[ 06:17:17 PM ] : hello????

[ 06:17:37 PM ] Acad Coordinator : My manager has agreed to give you an Huge discount with just 39.99$ for a month

[ 06:17:51 PM ] : With the UNLIMITED help in all the subject's

[ 06:18:06 PM ] Guest : you know what I'm just not intrested at this very moment

[ 06:18:12 PM ] : thank you have a good day

[ 06:19:17 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Every student's will not get this offer

[ 06:19:27 PM ] : Please wait

[ 06:19:30 PM ] Guest : ok then my kid won't get it

[ 06:19:55 PM ] : i thought i was 24/7 you keep leaving

[ 06:19:55 PM ] Acad Coordinator : You will get this with just 39.99$ for a month

[ 06:20:07 PM ] Guest : good bye

[ 06:20:21 PM ] Acad Coordinator : You can check the normal price in the payment page

[ 06:20:40 PM ] : We have quality tutors and our program is extremely effective.

[ 06:20:57 PM ] Guest : you say that to get people to pay I only wanted my son to learn what a cylinder was it wasn't that hard to explain

[ 06:21:13 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Yes

[ 06:21:30 PM ] Guest : no good bye final word

see how they keep wanting me to pay after I told them no

Yeah just like the above chat logs, you can tell they are scamming you, they keep talking about money and deals to keep you in or to comvince to enroll, that all their worry is, plus they give you wrong equations, keep trying to be nice to you and everything.

Here is my log from this chat i was just in a few minutes ago:

[ 08:28:09 PM ] Guest : yes [Searched for: how to do simple division on paper]

[ 08:28:11 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Hello

[ 08:28:13 PM ] Acad Coordinator : I am your Academic Counselor for today.

[ 08:28:17 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Let me know your grade and subject to help you better.

[ 08:28:21 PM ] Acad Coordinator : We will help you with homework problems, assignment questions, projects and exam review.

[ 08:28:27 PM ] Acad Coordinator : We offer unlimited, 24X7, personalized online tutoring in Math, English and Science.

[ 08:28:35 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Sessions are available instantly and are absolutely unlimited.

[ 08:28:43 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Please respond on Chat to get Instant help on homework and assignments.

[ 08:28:48 PM ] Guest : Ok

[ 08:28:50 PM ] Acad Coordinator : We will surely help you.

[ 08:28:59 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Hello

[ 08:29:02 PM ] : this is Balki

[ 08:29:06 PM ] : I'm your Academic Counselor for the day.

[ 08:29:10 PM ]...

[ 08:29:20 PM ] Acad Coordinator : We will surely help you.

[ 08:29:23 PM ] Guest : i'm going for my GED and its just been a while

[ 08:29:47 PM ] Acad Coordinator : May i know when you are planned to take your GED?

[ 08:30:07 PM ] Guest : won't be for a while, just doing a review chapter in the book

[ 08:30:16 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Okay

[ 08:30:23 PM ] Guest : problem like this

[ 08:30:32 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Do you know how our program works ?

[ 08:30:36 PM ] Guest : well

[ 08:30:37 PM ] : no

[ 08:31:06 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Let me explain quickly ?

[ 08:31:09 PM ] Guest : ok

[ 08:31:32 PM ] Acad Coordinator : We cover every topics of your Math, Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English course.

[ 08:31:43 PM ] Guest : ok

[ 08:31:44 PM ] Acad Coordinator : We will help you with daily Homework, Assignments, Projects and Test Preparation

[ 08:31:49 PM ] : It is complete one on one tutoring so that 100% attention will be given to you by the tutors.

[ 08:31:56 PM ] : The best part of our tutoring is...

[ 08:32:01 PM ] : Our Expert Tutors are Online 24/7 to help you anytime with any topics or questions.

[ 08:32:06 PM ] : How does this sound to you?

[ 08:32:11 PM ] Guest : sounds goo

[ 08:32:13 PM ] : good*

[ 08:32:32 PM ] : i actually just came across this site from yahoo answers, lol.

[ 08:32:40 PM ] Acad Coordinator : okay

[ 08:32:44 PM ] : Not to worry, you are at the right place

[ 08:32:48 PM ] : Once you sign up with us, you can connect to a tutor anytime without worrying about number of sessions.

[ 08:32:53 PM ] : Today we are running a special promotional discount on subscription

[ 08:32:55 PM ] Guest : ok

[ 08:32:58 PM ] Acad Coordinator : You can try Unlimited Tutoring for one month at just $49.99 now

[ 08:33:05 PM ] : Sounds good ?

[ 08:33:29 PM ] Guest : don't have the money right now, lol

[ 08:33:57 PM ] Acad Coordinator : These offers are available only through this chat.

[ 08:34:08 PM ] Guest : oh

[ 08:34:13 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Could you please stay online while I get expert tutor to give you demo ?

[ 08:34:22 PM ] Guest : ok

[ 08:35:01 PM ] Tutor : hello,i am souraabh.your tutor for the day

[ 08:35:05 PM ] Guest : hi

[ 08:35:26 PM ] Tutor : how may i help you today?

[ 08:35:59 PM ] Guest : well i came across this site from yahoo answers, just looking for help on how to do simple division on paper, forgot how to work it out

[ 08:36:06 PM ] : gstudying for my GED

[ 08:42:26 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Hello

[ 08:42:32 PM ] Guest : hii

[ 08:42:35 PM ] Acad Coordinator : This is Balki again

[ 08:42:41 PM ] Guest : Hey

[ 08:42:46 PM ] Acad Coordinator : How was the demo ?

[ 08:43:08 PM ] Guest : It was good, i learned some division

[ 08:43:33 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Our regular session is more intractive than demo session

[ 08:43:41 PM ] : Because

[ 08:43:41 PM ] Guest : yeah

[ 08:44:02 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Demo is only for 10 minutes

[ 08:44:07 PM ] Guest : ok

[ 08:44:12 PM ] Acad Coordinator : I would suggest you to enroll with us so that you get complete 24/7 help from us.

[ 08:44:43 PM ] : Shall i help you to sign up with us ?

[ 08:45:01 PM ] Guest : I have to think about it, not sure

[ 08:45:36 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Let me know if you have any concern or queries or concern ?

[ 08:45:44 PM ] Guest : ok

[ 08:45:55 PM ] : well thanks for your time

[ 08:46:07 PM ] Acad Coordinator : You can sign up on this chat and you will get an special feature for free

[ 08:46:19 PM ] : Thats PAUSE option

[ 08:46:29 PM ] : Are you aware of PAUSE option ?

[ 08:46:43 PM ] Guest : lol, well i can't do anything right now, and no i don't

[ 08:46:58 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Using pause option, you can hold your account when your account is not in use

[ 08:47:03 PM ] : So that your account validity will not be wasted

[ 08:47:08 PM ] : The best part is that you can pause your account for 90 days

[ 08:47:13 PM ] : So you can extend the month package to 90 days, without any additional charges

[ 08:47:24 PM ] : We have no bonds or contracts

[ 08:47:29 PM ] : Sounds good ?

[ 08:48:13 PM ] : May i know how much can you afford at the moment ?

[ 08:48:15 PM ] Guest : Does sound good but not sure about signing up right now

[ 08:48:24 PM ] Acad Coordinator : May i know how much can you afford at the moment ?

[ 08:49:32 PM ] Guest : nothing right now, lol, i'm actually about to get my permit and go to college and trying to get my GED

[ 08:51:01 PM ] Acad Coordinator : I have an best deal for you

[ 08:51:26 PM ] : You can try one month pack at just $34.99 with PAUSE option

[ 08:51:34 PM ] : Will this work for you ?

[ 08:52:26 PM ] Guest : sorry just can't afford it right now, i have to go, thanks for the demo and have a nice day

[ 08:52:49 PM ] Acad Coordinator : One moment

[ 08:53:58 PM ] : Let me double check with my manager to give you further discount ?

[ 08:54:07 PM ] Guest : sorry bye

See how he/she kept giving discount and alternative prices and ways even after saying i can't afford it and i'm getting my permit/going to college and getting my GED and the new price after that was only $15 less, this is a huge scam, they can't even speak english right, not professional at all. Some of it he/she said was like "is money is your concern" and they mistype alot to, you would think they would know how to type really good and faster if they're trying to scam you for your money and be a big coporation or whatever.

I discovered this site just from a yahoo answers post like about 20 minutes ago, first time knowing about this site, i had no intention of signing up, just wanted a little bit of help with math but i think the equation was wrong too, idk just the way the 10min Demo tutor was doing it and i think the Demo Tutor was the same person as the ACD Coordinator.

But yeah thats what i think from just that, this is just a huge scam, plus i know how they work a little because i used to talk back to alot of scammers(gold sellers and gifts) in the game World of Warcraft, i'm sure alot of you know that game and its scammers, lol. They always suck at scamming and stuff, idk but yeah this is a huge game.

Thanks for your time guys and i hope you be really careful on what you sign up for on the internet, it is the internet so, lol.

[ 12:23:34 AM ] Guest : yes [Searched for: frequency of a quantum of radiation]

[ 12:23:47 AM ] Acad Coordinator : Hi. I'm Crystal, your Academic Counselor for the day.

[ 12:23:54 AM ] : We will surely help you.

[ 12:23:58 AM ] : Let me know your grade and subject to help you better.

[ 12:24:06 AM ] Guest : 11 Chemistry

[ 12:24:19 AM ] Acad Coordinator : Okay

[ 12:24:22 AM ] : Not to worry, you are at the right place

[ 12:24:25 AM ] : Have you experienced the benefits of online tutoring earlier?

[ 12:24:46 AM ] Guest : no, but don't give me a sales pitch. i need help with my home work

[ 12:26:39 AM ] : the question is "Calculate the frequency of a quantum of radiation with a wavelength of 4.5*10^2 nanometers". please help.

[ 12:27:39 AM ] Acad Coordinator : Once you Sign Up woth us, you will get as much as help you need with us.

[ 12:27:49 AM ] : We have HUGE discounts on this chat now.

[ 12:27:50 AM ] Guest : why can't you help me now?

[ 12:28:28 AM ] Acad Coordinator : I wish I could give you a free session, however, our tutors are engaged with the regular sessions due to larger number of regular students logged on.

[ 12:28:30 AM ] : As

[ 12:28:33 AM ] : We give priority to regular student sessions. You can get all the help you need in regular sessions.

[ 12:29:05...

[ 12:29:51 AM ] Acad Coordinator : I really wish I could help you, but I am not a tutor

[ 12:30:24 AM ] Guest : ... then i am not in the right place as you said.

[ 12:30:55 AM ] Acad Coordinator : Well, I can give you a DEMO session.

[ 12:31:20 AM ] : Could you please stay online while I get expert tutor to answer your question

[ 12:31:35 AM ] : May I ask you a question, meanwhile

[ 12:31:35 AM ] Guest : will that answer my homework questions, or just show me a sample of how they might help me?

[ 12:31:52 AM ] Acad Coordinator : They'll answer on your questions.

[ 12:32:00 AM ] : May I ask you a question, meanwhile

[ 12:32:03 AM ] : ?

[ 12:32:06 AM ] Guest : ok, then go ahead. ask your question.

[ 12:32:50 AM ] Acad Coordinator : Are you aware of our PRICE..?

[ 12:32:57 AM ] : *Offer PRICE

[ 12:33:02 AM ] Guest : no

[ 12:33:46 AM ] : (i like to capitalize random words too. its FUN)

[ 12:33:52 AM ] Acad Coordinator : It is just $49.99. For unlimitedhelp in all your Subjects. Which you see here>>

[ 12:33:59 AM ] : Nice!

[ 12:34:04 AM ] Guest : i can get a tutor for free at my school...

[ 12:34:13 AM ] Acad Coordinator : I understand..

[ 12:34:22 AM ] Guest : good.

[ 12:34:23 AM ] Acad Coordinator : But let me explain

[ 12:34:46 AM ] : TutorVista’s instruction is completely personalized. Students work one-on-one with an expert tutor who gives the student 100% attention

[ 12:34:52 AM ] : In case you wish to discuss a specific assignment you have the option of uploading the assignment or specific subject matter text while you schedule a session with your tutor.

[ 12:35:06 AM ] : Students can book sessions with tutors they have used in the past. This means a student can continue working with the same tutors time and again.

[ 12:35:21 AM ] Guest : as do the tutors at my school... which are, as i said, FREE. and i don't have to book a session. i can just show up.

[ 12:35:47 AM ] Acad Coordinator : Yeah correct, you will one among many.

[ 12:35:50 AM ] : But

[ 12:35:59 AM ] : With us, its absolutely one on one

[ 12:36:06 AM ] : I am sure you will enjoy this new interactive learning style which is beyond regular textbooks.

[ 12:36:13 AM ] Guest : its the same at my school.

[ 12:36:23 AM ] Acad Coordinator : Try the program a MONTH and experience the benefits. I know you will be pleased with the tutoring.

[ 12:36:27 AM ] : Okay.

[ 12:36:34 AM ] : Is there a PRICE concern..?

[ 12:37:14 AM ] : The TUTOR will shortly join

[ 12:37:19 AM ] Guest : like i'm going to pay $50 for an online tutor when i can have a live tutor that actually can speak to my teachers and discuss my abilities.

[ 12:37:34 AM ] Acad Coordinator : nator : I am just an Academic Counselor

[ 01:01:22 AM ] : I will help you to understand the program & to SIGN UP.

[ 01:01:42 AM ] : As recently I connected you to a TUTOR.

[ 01:01:53 AM ] Guest : yes, i understand that you're trying to make a sale.

[ 01:02:29 AM ] Acad Coordinator : Well, that not

[ 01:02:33 AM ] : *thats not

[ 01:02:40 AM ] : We are an Educational Website

[ 01:02:46 AM ] Guest : that charges.

[ 01:02:59 AM ] Acad Coordinator : We want to students at affordable prices.

[ 01:03:04 AM ] : Do you know?

[ 01:03:06 AM ] : Personal tutoring elsewhere will cost you about $20-25 per hour while we offer unlimited help at a flat fee.

[ 01:03:19 AM ] : Most learning centers have three students per tutor and charge $50 or more per hour.

[ 01:03:34 AM ] : . Others provide only worksheets! Private tutors are expensive, usually charging $70 or more per hour.

[ 01:03:45 AM ] Guest : i explained earlier that i can get a tutor for free.

[ 01:03:47 AM ] Acad Coordinator : TutorVista provides high quality one-on-one tutoring at only $49.99 a month.

[ 01:04:06 AM ] : Good Grades, Good Aces.

[ 01:04:09 AM ] : Okay

[ 01:04:14 AM ] : Nice to chat with you.

[ 01:04:21 AM ] : Wish you ALL THE BEST.

[ 01:04:51 AM ] Guest : some advice? stop with the capitalization of random words. its annoying and forceful.

[ 01:05:16 AM ] Acad Coordinator : I will consider it. I am sorry, if it was disturbing.

[ 01:05:49 AM ] Guest : you also just wasted 30 minutes of my life. be prepared for a poor review :)

[ 01:06:09 AM ] Acad Coordinator : I was trying to help.

[ 01:06:19 AM ] : Have a Great Day.

[ 01:06:23 AM ] Guest : You too.

[ 01:06:29 AM ] Acad Coordinator : Thank You.

I still don't get it.

[ 11:01:19 PM ] Guest : yes [Searched for: teaching moles]

[ 11:01:26 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Hello, My name is Ricky. I am your Academic Counselor for the day.

[ 11:01:35 PM ] : May I know your grade and subject you need help with?

[ 11:01:37 PM ] Guest : hello

[ 11:01:44 PM ] : chemistry, moles

[ 11:01:58 PM ] Acad Coordinator : We will surely help you in Chemistry.

[ 11:02:08 PM ] : May I know the Grade in which you are studying in ?

[ 11:02:23 PM ] Guest : general chemistry, sophomore

[ 11:02:43 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Are you in school or college?

[ 11:02:53 PM ] Guest : high school

[ 11:03:08 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Thanks.

[ 11:03:17 PM ] : Are you working on your home work or preparing for an upcoming test?

[ 11:03:34 PM ] Guest : i have a conceptual quiz tomorrow on what a mole is and i dont remember anything

[ 11:03:51 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Let me assure you that you have come to the right place.

[ 11:04:07 PM ] : At Tutor vista You will get all the help that you need for the Quiz preparation.

[ 11:04:17 PM ] : We have more than 2000 well qualified tutors available round the clock.

[ 11:04:23 PM ] : You can study from the comfort of your home and flexible timings.

[ 11:04:29 PM ] : Sounds good?

[ 11:04:29 PM ] Guest : cool

[...

[ 11:04:37 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Thank you.

[ 11:04:45 PM ] : Let me share a sample session on the Board for you to see how this program works .

[ 11:05:08 PM ] : Do you see the Document that I have shared on the Board for you ?

[ 11:05:12 PM ] Guest : yes

[ 11:05:20 PM ] Acad Coordinator : This is just the sample session to show how we work on the regular session.

[ 11:05:28 PM ] Guest : ok

[ 11:05:31 PM ] Acad Coordinator : That is exactly how our tutors will be using the White Board to help you with all the problems step by step .

[ 11:05:40 PM ] : You will get a 28 tools on the highly quality whiteboard, where Our sessions are just like working FACE to FACE with a tutor.

[ 11:05:48 PM ] : Sounds helpful?

[ 11:05:51 PM ] Guest : yes

[ 11:05:57 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Thank you.

[ 11:06:29 PM ] : Let me quickly explain about our service and then help you connect to the tutor,okay?

[ 11:06:42 PM ] Guest : k

[ 11:07:10 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Not only in Science...

[ 11:07:19 PM ] : We offer unlimited, 24X7, personalized online tutoring in Math, English also.

[ 11:07:27 PM ] : Once you enroll you will have an individual account with us, in which you can log in anytime, anywhere

[ 11:07:33 PM ] Guest : ok

[ 11:07:33 PM ] Acad Coordinator : and take as many sessions you want in Math, English and Science..

[ 11:07:41 PM ] : Sessions are available instantly and are absolutely unlimited.

[ 11:07:48 PM ] : You can connect to a tutor anytime without worrying about number of sessions.

[ 11:07:54 PM ] : Sounds good?

[ 11:08:00 PM ] Guest : yes

[ 11:08:06 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Thank you.

[ 11:08:22 PM ] : Today we are running a special promotion offer on subscription.

[ 11:08:25 PM ] : You will get one month of unlimited help with all the subjects at just $49.99 only.

[ 11:08:32 PM ] : And you will get three month of unlimited help with all the subjects at just $199.99 only.

[ 11:08:42 PM ] : It is one time flat fee for all the unlimited sessions that you take in all the three subjects.

[ 11:08:47 PM ] : Moreover all our sessions are recorded for your review and future reference.

[ 11:08:47 PM ] Guest : ok

[ 11:09:00 PM ] Acad Coordinator : You can take any number of sessions to learn without worrying about time or cost.

[ 11:09:08 PM ] : Sounds good?

[ 11:09:25 PM ] Guest : sorry i dont think i can afford that. I also dont have a credit card, im only 16

[ 11:09:41 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Not to worry.

[ 11:10:12 PM ] : Are your parents around to help you subscribe?

[ 11:10:26 PM ] Guest : no, they are working

[ 11:10:38 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Try the program and experience the benefits. I know you will be pleased with the tutoring.

[ 11:10:43 PM ] Guest : we cant afford that either. I have to work to help pay for the bills

[ 11:10:53 PM ] Acad Coordinator : I am sure you will enjoy this new interactive learning style which is beyond regular textbooks.

[ 11:11:47 PM ] : Is there a way where you can check with your parents while i an in chat?

[ 11:11:54 PM ] : These offers are available only through chat today. I suggest you do not miss the special offer.

[ 11:12:47 PM ] : Are you there with me?

[ 11:12:50 PM ] Guest : no, they will say no. i will find help other ways. $200 is a lot for some families. You guys just dont understand that

[ 11:13:09 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Alright

[ 11:13:33 PM ] : Is price the concern for you now?

[ 11:13:54 PM ] Guest : well yeah

[ 11:14:08 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Can i suggest you something?

[ 11:14:18 PM ] Guest : sure

[ 11:15:15 PM ] Acad Coordinator : I suggest you to try the month package at $49.99 now and see how we work.

[ 11:15:53 PM ] : We do not have any bonds or contracts. Your free to cancel your subscription after the trial offer without any extra charges.

[ 11:16:46 PM ] : And I am sure this can be a great help to you with your academics,

[ 11:16:52 PM ] Guest : obviously you dont understand. my parents are at work, they cant afford it.

[ 11:17:04 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Alright.

[ 11:17:38 PM ] Guest : you are more concerned about helping yourselves instead of struggling students

[ 11:17:42 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Let me know how much you can afford now,so that i can speak with my manager for further discounts.

[ 11:18:04 PM ] Guest : forget it, its not worth it

[ 11:18:07 PM ] : ill find some other way

[ 11:18:23 PM ] Acad Coordinator : We are far more affordable than Sylvan, Kumon, Tutor.com and all other online tutoring services.

[ 11:18:28 PM ] : TutorVista has featured on NBC, BBC and The New York Times as the most affordable tutoring service.

[ 11:18:56 PM ] Guest : and that means what to a high school student?

[ 11:19:15 PM ] : I bet there are kids at my school who dont even know what the new york times is

[ 11:19:47 PM ] : this site caters to the rich kids whose parents can afford whatever. Like I said, im 16 and help support my family

[ 11:19:57 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Thats why we ask for parents for below 10th grade students. You should get them.

Obviously this site sucks!