I realize that Tutorvista has gotten some positive press from some major news outlets. Maybe they do provide a good service to some but I feel there are some things that any prospective customer of the site should know.

The first thing is that you'll never be able to be positive that you're being taught how to solve a problem correctly. We got two different answers to one problem, both of them wrong. Secondly, you have a time limit for your sessions and if you're not done, too bad. And there are gaps of up to 5 minutes in response time so you're 30 minute session can get used up pretty quickly.

Also, they have a "strict NO refund policy" to quote the customer rep who handled (or I should say didn't handle) my refund request. They claim to offer free help to get you started but mostly what you'll get is a hard sell to "get an account" before getting any actual help. I would caution anyone against using this service.

Review about: Tutor Vista Tutoring Service.

Had an Experience with Tutor Vista?

Comments

Curriculum Associates - I-ready Program Review Curriculum Associates "30 minutes each week of my life that I will never get back. The program is designed for the torture of students. MORONIC. ..." Read more Philip Merrill College Of Journalism - Bad Journalism School that Deceives all Undergraduate Broadcast Journalism Students and Minorities of an Opportunity Philip Merrill College Of Journalism " I am writing to you today as I wish to provide a formal complaint about the undergraduate broadcast journalism program at the University of Maryland‘s Philip Merrill College of..." Read more Corllins University Scam Corllins University "I spent alot of money on the Masters degree program based on learning, and was also told that the degree was accredited and valid for applying for jobs, but as..." Read more Www.Actualtests.com does not honor it's "LifeTime Membership" ! Actualtests "I purchased an www.actualtests.com membership account in the year 2005 for $100.00 This allowed me to download any PDF for any exam and whenever i wanted to. Since the beginning..." Read more Acceptance Now - This place is a joke Acceptance Now "This is my yard before and after these people have came. Twice this has happened. Not to mention giving my lawn person my info and why they was here im..." Read more SpeedConnect - Hands down one of the best companies around to work with for all your internet needs! SpeedConnect "Hands down one of the best companies around to work with for all your internet needs! Whether you are in need of Business or Residential internet service, SpeedConnect can you..." Read more Virgin Vacations should remove Orchard Paddington Hotel from list Virgin Vacations "Horrible experience with one of the hotel options in Virgin's Paris Hotels self guided. The Orchard Paddington Hotel located at 86-90 Sussex Gardens, London, United Kingdom is the absolute worst..." Read more Ryland Homes - Tiles bulging in master shower Ryland Homes "The tiles in my master bathroom showerwall started bulging then when I was showering the tiles fell off. I called a Contractor to see how what was going on that..." Read more