I realize that Tutorvista has gotten some positive press from some major news outlets. Maybe they do provide a good service to some but I feel there are some things that any prospective customer of the site should know.

The first thing is that you'll never be able to be positive that you're being taught how to solve a problem correctly. We got two different answers to one problem, both of them wrong. Secondly, you have a time limit for your sessions and if you're not done, too bad. And there are gaps of up to 5 minutes in response time so you're 30 minute session can get used up pretty quickly.

Also, they have a "strict NO refund policy" to quote the customer rep who handled (or I should say didn't handle) my refund request. They claim to offer free help to get you started but mostly what you'll get is a hard sell to "get an account" before getting any actual help. I would caution anyone against using this service.

Review about: Tutor Vista Tutoring Service.

Had an Experience with Tutor Vista?

Comments

Curriculum Associates - Iready is full of crock Curriculum Associates "Iready is a website that is "educational" for children. Not true! This website is just an excuse to make money as the website is very glitchy and VERY poorly made!..." Read more National Laser Institute - Finicial advisors charge more money from black ppl National Laser Institute "I graduated with almost 40 people. Tuition was about $7,295. After speaking with almost every student, that we're offered or aware and given the option of a scholarship. Almost everyone..." Read more Institute For Integrative Nutrition - What to know before you consider enrolling - Exploited by IIN, Alumni Institute For Integrative Nutrition "1. "Free" website: They offer a free website where IIN information is at and you can personalize it but can't erase anything from it. Later on they decided to "partner"..." Read more COSS and STEI - STEI and COSS Fraud Singapore COSS and STEI "I would like to complain the fraud institution STEi and COSS. STEi in a Singapore college which is providing 3 months studies and 6 months internship. The Principal marketing agent..." Read more Don't use Tradesy. Tradesy "I purchased a piece of luggage from EEG Closet on Tradesy and boy was I fooled... The luggage description said that it was gently used and had two scuff marks...." Read more Outback Steakhouse - Bad steak Outback Steakhouse "...the steaks had a awful smell. made my littile girl throw up. its was so bad that meat was like dissolving in my hand..." Read more Toyota Financial - They have messed up my credit by over 100 points that will cost me $1000's over my lifetime Toyota Financial "A 30 year military veteran and 12 year Toyota owner, I planned to purchase another when my current Toyota needed replacement. I can tell you that will not happen! I..." Read more Lasership - Horrendous Lasership "Lasership messed up one of my Sephora orders, erroneously sending it from MA where I live, to Virginia, then back to MA. I didn't get it for another week, and..." Read more