3.1K views

I had used tutorvista.com for help in my college math class. I am a returning student and have been out of college for 18 years.

I also set up an account for my daughter. When I realized that neither of us were using our accounts, I called to cancel them both. They told me they would both be canceled. They didn't cancel either and called me a month later to ask why I had not been using my account.

I told them that I had canceled both and that they had wrongly charged me for another month of usage I did not receive. Now, they have caused my bank account to overdraft by continuing to charge me for a service I thought I canceled in December 2008. They keep giving me the runaround when I call to talk to somebody. The guy in billing will not let me talk to his boss or anybody in the company higher than him.

All in all, a worthless company that will rip you off if given the chance. Keep your money safe by not giving them the chance.

Comments

brice

oh my god im using it right now and holy *** are they slow seriously pace up this sucks do not use this site its terrible

:( :cry

Rip Off! Tutor Chat.

Hello Chloe DufourLapointe,

Welcome to TUTORVISTA!!!

Tutor says:

Hi Chloe Welcome to TutorVista Chloe DufourLapointe says: Hi Tutor says: I am Tutor, tutor for this session How are you?

Chloe DufourLapointe says: great just that i got a rip off on TutorVista Tutor says:good Chloe DufourLapointe says:How much do you guys get paid? Hello? Chloe DufourLapointe says: How much do you guys get paid? Hello?

Tutor You their?

Tutor says:Did you try solving this problem Chloe DufourLapointe says:What happened to the off topic question? Tutor says:There are 8 cans Each can can hold 1.4 L

NEVER USE TUTOR VISTA. They are rude and unhelpful.

I can't even describe how bad it was. I :cry :sigh :( :upset :eek

to Anonymous #985404

THEY ARE LIKE ROBOTS THEY DONT ANSWER ANYTHING BESIDES MATH AND RIP YOU OFF!!!!!!

#destroytutorvista

Orlando, Florida, United States #773571

I feel LIKE SUEING THIS COMPANY THEY SAID UNLIMITED USAGE AND NOW FROM THE NOW WHERE I CAN ONLY USE 4 HOURS A DAY? AND PAID $330BUCKS!

AND SOME TUTORS GIVE YOU THE WRONG ANSWER... WHAT TYPE OF COMPANY IS THIS!

to VANE #808677

Me too my dad is a lawyer he can sue this company! :(

I have had problems with them also. I signed up for one month, and was promised the option of putting my account on hold one time during my 30 days, etc to extend my time if I needed to in between classes. I needed to put account on hold, emailed them twice, they never replied nor did they put account on hold. Tried to call customer service several times, all they have is a number that has a full mailbox. The other number is sales and they won't help you at all, they just ignore what you are saying and keep offering you packages, even when you tell them you already have an account.

I am also angry because they have some automated tutor chat box that whenever you go to their site it pulls you into a white board. The information on their site is supposed to be free, looking up a formula, or getting info on a topic. The only paid part is using the tutors. Now they automatically pull you into the white board no matter what you do.

I went to a tutor session when I signed up and it took two tutors to help me do an algebra II problem. It wasn't even that complex, and I chose the heading college level algebra for the type of tutor I wanted.

I will never do business with them again.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada #724735

when I first started tutorvista it was great. but OMG the tutors take lieterally 120mins just to solve ONE QUESTION its SOOOO effin ridiculous. DONT EVVVVVVVVER USE TUTOR VISTA!!!!!!

Its really sad to hear your story Egyptianllama74. I feel so bad about it :(((

They have robed my money in a similar way. My son is in USA for his studies and being an Indian, we have a habit of giving personal tutoring to our wards. I heard the name of tutor-vista so I told my son to use it.IT was a total disaster. First of all the tutors were so bad that they answer most of the questions wrongly. He used Maths, Chemistry and Physics and all were equally bad. He took a voice session plan and he was never given the option to talk to the tutors. They always said that there is some problem and they never answered him on voice. I just dont know how they are serviving with such a poor service. A total rip off is all I can say.

I then read the comments of Sally who suggested to use www.myphysicsbuddy.com. I told my son to try it and he says that its really the best.

I really feel that tutorvista must be pulled in some legal suit. Otherwise they are not going to listen to poor customers like us.

They also robbed my $500 in 2 months. Total rip off!

Then I used www.myphysicsbuddy.com and they are simply the best.

My son has tried to ask them questions, easy ones, in the free trial. But they only asked him his name, grade and subject, then he asked them his question, and the "tutor" wouldn't respond him AT ALL!!!

Then I told my son to stop using tutorvista and to use another tutor site, and obiosly free.

I soooooo mad at TV(TutorVista)DON'T EVER USE TUTORVISTA!!!!! :( :( :( :( :(

Why so many Americans are so angry. You know you can ask Asian students to help you.

I hear there good at educational stuff. You guys are so depended on outsourcing things that its become an overkill. I'm should there's many smart students who needs the money. Who care about minimum wage law were Americans.

Whats happen to the cultural jobs?

I used the site once they suck and partial refunded. Now i just study hard and only take easy course during the summer.

to Tutor Vista #582841

I would love to take your comment seriously if your grammar wasn't like that of a three year old.

to Tutor Vista Los Angeles, California, United States #808680

I have been charged more than ever. Also your tutor's are slow and give the wrong answers.

plus your assignment centre landed me a D-.

I going to make sure i can sue this company OR make this public so nobody can use it again! :( :)

TUTORVISTA IS A BIG SCAM! THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY!

DONT TRUST THEM! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

This website is a sham, I paid $300 dollars for a 3 month subscription and none of my classes have appeared. If you don't want the hassle, don't pay. There are so many more better tutoring services, and tutorvista.com is not worth it.

Be warned, this service puts the least effort possible and tries to get the most money out of you

NiceCostumes 8D

@EEE Hey, I'm Indian and I got to Harvard, the best college on Earth. Thats where Obama graduated! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

to NiceCostumes 8D Houston, Texas, United States #1058051

its not the best college . so no need to brag .

best colleges change over time .

im 12 and i know this. guess im the one who deserves to go to the best college on earth :)

Some of these tutors don't understand the American school system. My daughter is 11th grade and getting help in Math Pre-calc. The tutor was asking personal questions, and thought that she should not be doing pre-calc if she is in 11th grade. Where is the connection? She could be repeating, should could be doing different levels of math in our school system irrespective of grade...

so the tutor rudely cuts off the session, and then it is impossible to get anyone to help! And I have already paid for next 16 months!!!

These guys are just like used car sales men - make the sale and forget the customer! very disappointed and angry for wasting money on these guys.

DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE FRAUD, IT'S A SCAM.

YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR MONEY. ONCE YOUSIGN UP THE ACCOUNT EXPIRES AND THEY TELL YOU WE DIDN'T TELL YOU THE SERIVCE WOULD BE FOR THE TIME YOU PAID FOR.

THEY KEEP CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD TO THE POINT MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY TOLD ME CANCEL THE CARD THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD AND WE WILL GIVE YOU A NEW ACCOUNT. SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!