Unfortunately the problems with Tutorvista are continuing. I wanted to try out the service (they advertise a free trial) but in fact they made it extremely hard to talk to a tutor unless you sign up for the service. Once signed up, it is very hard to stop the service. I decided to cancel the service the same day I signed up when I realized that the business practices were questionable (the fact that my credit card company called me to find out if I really wanted to sign up with Tutorvista was one of the signs that something was not right).

Although I had cancelled the service and also asked that they not renew the service at the end of one week, they did so anyway, and refused to refund the money because it had already been renewed (which I had told them NOT to do).

Whatever good they do as tutors is outweighed by horrible business practices. I strongly recommend that you look for any other tutoring organization than TutorVista.

Here is some of the communication:

Dec 2 (the day I signed up for the service)

Dear Customer,

This is to confirm that your account with TutorVista is canceled.

There will be no further charges on your account in the future.

For further information feel free to email us at care@tutorvista.com.

Thanking You,

Christy

Relationship Executive – TutorVista

Website: http://www.tutorvista.com

and and then when the further $99 charge was issued and I complained, I received this letter:

Dear Customer,

We are writing this mail to inform you with regards to your TutorVista Subscription.

You signed up on 2nd Dec 2010 from your end. Your account was auto renewed on 9th Dec 2010. It is clearly mentioned on our payment page that accounts will be auto renewed for customers convenience.

All customers who sign up with TutorVista have to agree to the monthly auto renewal.

This is to confirm that your account with TutorVista is currently canceled there will be no further charges on your account in the future.

We are unable to offer you refund based on the refund policy.

Please click on the link below to go through our cancellation policy:

For further information feel free to email us at care@tutorvista.com.

Thanking You,

Jyothi

Relationship Executive – TutorVista

Website: http://www.tutorvista.com

Review about: Tutor Vista Tutoring Service.

Had an Experience with Tutor Vista?

Comments